The Houston Rockets (1-1) will be 10.5-point favorites at home in the Toyota Center when they meet the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225 points and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Houston Rockets ATS Odds
The Thunder will be hoping for similar success after easily covering the 8.5-point spread against the Golden State Warriors in their last outing, 120-92. The Rockets, meanwhile, beat the New Orleans Pelicans,126-123, but were unable to cover as 12-point favorites. The Oklahoma City game finished 6 points under the projected point total of 218, while the Houston game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 238.5.
Oklahoma City made 15 of their 32 three pointers (46.9 percent), while Golden State was just 5-33 (15.2 percent). Houston, on the other hand, was effective at getting and making free throws. The Rockets made 27 of their 30 free throws (90.0 percent), while the Pelicans were 13-16 (81.3 percent). Russell Westbrook played well for Houston, collecting 28 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds on his way to his zeroth triple-double this season. Oklahoma City, meanwhile, was led by Dennis Schroder, who finished with 22 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
The Thunder captured this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the last matchup, Oklahoma City won 112-111. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 19.1). Houston, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (17-20; 85.0 percent).
Since last season, the Thunder are 50-35 straight up (SU) and 37-51-2 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Oklahoma City games have had a tendency to go under the projected point total (56.7 percent).
The Rockets, meanwhile, have records of 54-30 SU and 50-49-2 ATS since last season. Houston’s games have had a tendency to go under the O/U total over that same period (57.4 percent).
Houston figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Rockets rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.540), while Oklahoma City ranks 15th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.520) since the 2018-19 season. Conflicting tempos will be on display in this showdown. The fast-breaking Thunder rank third in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Rockets rank 23rd.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Houston Rockets Odds Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Thunder rank 24th in assists per game (23.1) while the Rockets rank 28th (21.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in rebounds per game (47.8) while Houston ranks 28th (42.3).
- The Thunder average 18.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the league. The Rockets rank 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in second chance points per game (15.2) while Houston ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in fast break points per game (17.8) while Houston ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Rockets rank fourth in steals per game (8.5) while the Thunder rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- The Rockets rank first in three pointers attempted per game (45.1) while the Thunder rank 14th (32.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (50.9) while Houston ranks 29th (42.0).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Houston is 18-2 and Oklahoma City is 12-1.
- The Rockets are 57-24 when they score above 100 points, while the Thunder are 47-27.