An eight-game road winning streak hangs in the balance for the Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22), who will be 6-point favorites when they square off against the Chicago Bulls (20-38) at United Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Bulls (3.5-point underdogs) defeated the Washington Wizards 126-117, while the Thunder (5-point favorite) beat the San Antonio Spurs 131-103. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Chicago game went 13 points over the projected point total of 230, while the Oklahoma City game finished 11.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
The Thunder made 21 of their 24 free throws (87.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.632 (above their season average of 0.532). The Bulls, on the other hand, had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (above their season average of 22.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.511). Tomas Satoransky put together a solid performance for Chicago with 15 points and 13 assists. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander played well for Oklahoma City, recording 22 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Paul led the Thunder to a 109-106 win. He registered a double-double with 30 points and 10 rebounds. Oklahoma City was unable to cover as a 5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 215 points, which was over the projected point total of 208. Oklahoma City made good use of their 28 trips to the free throw line, converting on 23 of them (82.1 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, was 11-13 (84.6 percent).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Thunder games, with 30 unders compared to 27 overs. Oklahoma City holds records of 35-22 straight up (SU) and 37-19-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Bulls’ 58 games, 31 have finished over the total. Additionally, Chicago owns records of 20-38 SU and 25-32-1 ATS.
Getting to the line could be scarce for Chicago in this battle. The Bulls rank 25th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.181, while Oklahoma City ranks fourth in FTA rate allowed (0.166).
Thunder vs. Bulls Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Over
- The Bulls average 49.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Thunder rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while Chicago ranks 26th (8.3).
- The Thunder rank fifth in assists allowed per game (22.9) while the Bulls rank 24th (25.4).
- Chicago ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (35.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 27th (29.5).
- Chicago ranks 16th in second chance points per game (13.0) while Oklahoma City ranks last (10.7).
- The Bulls rank seventh in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Thunder rank last (9.2).
- The Bulls rank first in points off turnovers per game (21.2) while the Thunder rank 17th (16.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks 21st in rebounds per game (43.3) while Chicago ranks last (42.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Chicago ranks 25th (6.0).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Oklahoma City is 7-3 and Chicago is 5-3.
- The Thunder are 34-14 when they reach 100 points, while the Bulls are 20-23.
- Oklahoma City is 21-5 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 12-17-1 ATS at home.
- The Thunder have 15 unders and 11 overs in 26 road games.
- In 30 home games, the Bulls have 15 overs and 15 unders.
- The Thunder are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bulls are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City has 4 overs and 1 under, while Chicago has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 116.8 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 3.1 for the season.