The 15th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1) will battle against the UCLA Bruins (7-4) at United Center. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. UCLA Bruins Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bruins easily got past the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons 96-71, while the Buckeyes defeated the Cincinnati Bearcats 64-56.
The Buckeyes had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.511 vs. 0.323) and had a better free throw rate (0.340 vs. 0.258). UCLA, on the other hand, won the rebounding battle. The Bruins had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. six), defensive rebounds (39 vs. 22) and total rebounds (52 vs. 28). UCLA’s Kris Wilkes led the way, finishing with 27 points and 10 rebounds. Ohio State, meanwhile, rallied around Kaleb Wesson, who recorded 15 points and seven rebounds.
Wilkes and Moses Brown have played well over the last five games for UCLA. Wilkes has averaged 0 points, while Brown has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
This game should be a showdown of conflicting styles. UCLA has preferred to play quickly (56th in possessions per game), while Ohio State has been slower-paced (281st in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Buckeyes rank seventh in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.340), while the Bruins rank 50th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.182).
Ohio State vs. UCLA Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Over
- Ohio State ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (9.1) while UCLA ranks 195th (15.5).
- The Bruins rank 11th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Buckeyes rank 113th (2.9).
- Ohio State is eighth in the country with 4.4 steals allowed per game while UCLA is 60th with 5.8 steals allowed per game.
- The Buckeyes rank 39th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Bruins rank 192nd (37.5).
- Ohio State ranks 109th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while UCLA ranks 249th (27.6).
- During their last five games, the Buckeyes have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (3.8 below their season average).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 6.1 for the season.