The Iowa Hawkeyes (13-3, 2-3 Big 10) and their outstanding offense host the 16th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (12-3, 2-2 Big 10) and their exceptional defense. Action starts at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Ohio State Buckeyes at Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Hawkeyes were victorious over the Northwestern Wildcats, 73-63, while the Buckeyes lost a winnable game to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 64-61.
Iowa played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.362 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (below their season average of 32.2). For those same stats, Northwestern was 0.211 and 19.4, respectively. Ohio State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 28.8). Joe Wieskamp had a solid performance for Iowa, recording 19 points and seven rebounds. Kaleb Wesson fueled Ohio State with 18 points and seven rebounds.
The Buckeyes dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Ohio State won 82-64. Ohio State’s 0.273 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Iowa, who had a rate of 0.136. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Iowa takes on the stingy defense of Ohio State. The Hawkeyes rank 14th in offensive efficiency, while the Buckeyes are 59th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Buckeyes are among the nation’s best at getting to the line, ranking 21st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.302). The Hawkeyes, meanwhile, rank 49th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.186).
Ohio State at Iowa Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Iowa, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Over
- Ohio State ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Iowa ranks 196th (15.0).
- The Buckeyes rank 171st in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while the Hawkeyes rank 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Buckeyes rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Hawkeyes rank 83rd (6.2).
- Iowa is seventh in the country with 1.9 blocks allowed per game while Ohio State is 56th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Hawkeyes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 10.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buckeyes have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average).