The Indiana Hoosiers (12-3, 2-2 Big 10) and their sensational offense welcome the 11th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (11-4, 1-3 Big 10) and their superb defense. The game is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Ohio State Buckeyes at Indiana Hoosiers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Hoosiers beat the Northwestern Wildcats, 66-62, while the Buckeyes fell to the 12th-ranked Maryland Terrapins, 67-55.
The Hoosiers knocked down 23 of their 30 free throws (76.7 percent) and held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 24.0). Ohio State, on the other hand, held Maryland to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 36.1). Trayce Jackson-Davis played well for Indiana with 21 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Ohio State received a boost from Kaleb Wesson, who contributed 15 points and nine rebounds.
The Buckeyes dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent contest, Ohio State won 79-75. Converting at the free throw line was one of Ohio State’s biggest advantages. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Hoosiers were just 10-15 (66.7 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Indiana ranks 50th in offensive efficiency and Ohio State is 19th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Buckeyes, who rank 51st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), will face a tough test against the Hoosiers, who rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.7 percent).
Ohio State Buckeyes at Indiana Hoosiers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Over
- Ohio State ranks 112th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Indiana ranks 256th (17.0).
- The Buckeyes rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Hoosiers rank 69th (3.1).
- Indiana allows the 14th-fewest rebounds per game (30.3) while Ohio State ranks 47th (32.1).
- The Buckeyes rank ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Hoosiers rank 100th (6.5).
- Ohio State ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (9.5) while Indiana ranks 91st (11.9).
- The Hoosiers have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 9.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Buckeyes have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (10.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).