The Ohio Bobcats (12-12, 4-7 MAC) will be at the Memorial A & C Center to clash with the Kent State Golden Flashes (16-8, 6-5 MAC) in a MAC matchup. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Golden Flashes lost a winnable game to the Northern Illinois Huskies, 57-54, while the Bobcats beat the Western Michigan Broncos, 73-61.
The Bobcats had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 16.9) and had a free throw rate of 0.305 (above their season average of 0.185). Kent State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.199). Danny Pippen had a good game for Kent State with 16 points and eight rebounds. Jason Preston had a good game for Ohio, putting up 21 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists.
The Golden Flashes dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Kent State won 78-73. The Golden Flashes’ 6.0 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bobcats, who had a rate of 15.7. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Kent State should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Golden Flashes currently rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while Ohio ranks 167th in defensive efficiency.
Ohio Bobcats at Kent State Golden Flashes Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Over
- Kent State ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.5) while Ohio ranks 158th (2.6).
- The Bobcats rank 48th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Golden Flashes rank 117th (12.3).
- Ohio ranks 140th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Kent State ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Golden Flashes rank 18th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Bobcats rank 110th (6.4).
- Kent State ranks 63rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Ohio ranks 142nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average).
- The Golden Flashes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 7.8 for the season.