The Iona Gaels (0-1) get their home schedule started at Hynes Athletics Center against the Ohio Bobcats (2-0). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Ohio Bobcats at Iona Gaels Betting Odds
In their last game, the Gaels fell to the La Salle Explorers, 70-64, while the Bobcats had no trouble getting past the Heidelberg Student Princes, 88-50.
Ohio dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.213 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4. Heidelberg put up marks of 0.105 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats. Iona, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (14-20; 70.0 percent). Iona received a boost from Tajuan Agee, who finished with 21 points, nine rebounds and five blocks. Jason Preston, meanwhile played well for Ohio, putting up 16 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds.
Ohio may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. The Bobcats rank 277th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.207, while Iona ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.194) since the 2018-19 season.
Ohio Bobcats at Iona Gaels Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Ohio ranks 58th in assists per game (14.9) while Iona ranks 271st in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Bobcats average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 84th in the NCAA. The Gaels rank 266th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Ohio ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Iona ranks 182nd (3.6).
- The Gaels rank 59th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Bobcats rank 256th (7.5).
- Iona ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Ohio ranks 241st (20.7).