The UIC Flames (15-15, 10-7 Hor) welcome the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (12-18, 7-10 Hor) to Credit Union 1 Arena as the regular season finishes up. Action starts at 4:12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at UIC Flames Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Flames defeated the Detroit Titans, 84-67, while the Golden Grizzlies lost a close one to the IUPUI Jaguars, 71-68.
The Flames, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.503, had an absurd mark of 0.620 and had a free throw rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.200). Oakland, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 18.0). Tarkus Ferguson had a good outing for UIC, recording 13 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists. Oakland, meanwhile, was lifted by Xavier Hill-Mais, who put up 17 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Ferguson led the Flames to an 80-50 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. UIC’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Oakland. The Flames had a rate of 0.709 while the Golden Grizzlies posted a mark of 0.400.
UIC may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Flames rank 267th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.204, while Oakland ranks 29th in FTA rate allowed (0.170).
Oakland at UIC ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- UIC averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Oakland ranks 247th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 155th in the country. The Flames rank 171st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- UIC is 47th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while Oakland is 53rd with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Flames rank 157th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 290th in three pointers allowed per game (27.2).
- Oakland ranks 109th in rebounds per game (36.3) while UIC ranks 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (9.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Flames have outscored opponents by an average of 9.6 points in their last five games. For the season, UIC has lost by an average of 1.4 points.