The undefeated Syracuse Orange (3-0) try to stay unbeaten when they take on the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (2-1) at Carrier Dome. Syracuse opened as a 9-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Syracuse Orange Betting Preview
The Golden Grizzlies were beaten by the Toledo Rockets in their last matchup, 87-74. With 29 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Martez Walker was the game_dates high scorer. Toledos 9.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Oakland, who had a mark of 11.4.
In the Oranges last matchup, they beat the Texas Southern Tigers, 80-67. With 21 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Tyus Battle was the games leading scorer. Syracuse dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 and a turnover percentage of 12.5. For those same stats, Texas Southern was 22.6 and 14.6, respectively.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Syracuse takes on the elite defense of Oakland. Dating back to last season, the Orange rank 41st in offensive efficiency, while the Golden Grizzlies are 31st in defensive efficiency. This contest should be a showdown of conflicting styles. The fast-breaking Golden Grizzlies rank 28th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Orange rank 275th.
Since last season, the Golden Grizzlies are 26-9 straight up (SU) and 18-13-1 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Oakland games have finished under the projected point total 59.4 percent of the time.
On the other hand, the Orange, have records of 21-14 SU and 15-16 ATS since last season. Syracuses games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total over that same time frame (64.5 percent).
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Syracuse Orange Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Grizzlies average 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 33rd in the NCAA. The Orange rank 180th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Syracuse ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Oakland ranks 119th (3.2).
- Oakland averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. Syracuse ranks 312th in assists allowed per game (16.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 107th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Orange rank 303rd (25.5).
- Syracuse ranks 16th in steals per game (8.1) while Oakland ranks 171st in steals allowed per game (6.3).