The IUPUI Jaguars (6-23, 2-14 Hor) welcome the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (12-17, 7-9 Hor) to Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The Jaguars will attempt to snap their seven-game losing streak. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. IUPUI Jaguars Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Jaguars fell to the UIC Flames, 77-72, while the Golden Grizzlies defeated the Green Bay Phoenix, 92-88.
Oakland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.403 (above their season average of 0.260) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 29.8). For those same stats, Green Bay was 0.182 and 20.4, respectively. IUPUI, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 17.0). IUPUI’s Elyjah Goss played well, putting up 10 points and 18 rebounds. Xavier Hill-Mais was a key piece for Oakland with 31 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Burk led the Jaguars to an 89-85 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 39 points. IUPUI had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.0 vs. 25.5). Oakland, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (7.6 vs. 18.7).
The Golden Grizzlies’ Hill-Mais has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 20 points,9.0 rebounds,2.2 blocks,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Marcus Burk has averaged 25 points during that same time frame for the Jaguars.
IUPUI could have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this showdown. The Jaguars rank 258th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.206, while Oakland ranks 29th in FTA rate allowed (0.172).
Oakland vs. IUPUI Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Over
- IUPUI averages 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. Oakland ranks 295th in three pointers allowed per game (27.3).
- The Jaguars average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 169th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Oakland averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. IUPUI ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 272nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).
- Oakland ranks 116th in assists per game (13.5) while IUPUI ranks 264th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (10.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (5.5 above their season average).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 9.2 for the season.