The Western Michigan Broncos (4-4) will be at home in University Arena in Read Fieldhouse when they square off against the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (4-4). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Western Michigan Broncos ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Broncos fell to the Seattle Redhawks, 59-55, while the Golden Grizzlies lost a tough one against the Toledo Rockets, 65-63.
Oakland had a better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 35.3) while Western Michigan held Seattle to an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below the 0.487 mark opponents have averaged against Western Michigan this season). Brandon Johnson had a solid performance for Western Michigan with 19 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Daniel Oladapo had a solid performance for Oakland, contributing 12 points and nine rebounds.
The Broncos won the only game between these two teams last season, 85-77. One of Western Michigan’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Oakland had 24.
Since the 2018-19 season, a focal point for the Western Michigan offense has been to get to and convert from the free throw line. The Broncos rank 31st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.275), but Oakland has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 41st by yielding a FTA rate of 0.184).
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Western Michigan Broncos Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Oakland ranks 15th in assists per game (16.5) while Western Michigan ranks 282nd (11.5).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 205th in steals per game (6.0) while the Broncos rank 290th (4.8).
- Oakland ranks 196th in blocks per game (2.9) while Western Michigan ranks 235th (2.5).
- The Broncos rank 86th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 255th (33.7).
- Oakland averages 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 119th in the country. Western Michigan ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).