The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (16-12, 6-9 ACC) will travel to Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to clash with the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (11-17, 4-12 ACC) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Betting Preview
In the Fighting Irish’s last outing, they lost a close one to the Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 77-74. Notre Dame’s Martinas Geben had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Miami (FL) had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 14.8). Notre Dame, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (11-14; 78.6 percent).
The Demon Deacons hope to keep it rolling after topping the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last contest, 63-57. With 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting, Bryant Crawford was the games leading scorer. Wake Forest played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.237) and a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 16.6). Pittsburgh was 0.173 and 12.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line could be rare for Wake Forest in this battle. The Demon Deacons rank 159th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.242, while Notre Dame ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.154). Also, the Fighting Irish rank 35th in offensive efficiency (114.0), while the Demon Deacons rank 281st in defensive efficiency (108.3).
The Fighting Irish’s Matt Farrell (21.8 points and 6.0 assists) and Geben (13.0 points and 7.4 rebounds) have been playing well over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Demon Deacons have their own duo of hot players. Doral Moore has averaged 15.0 points and 12.6 rebounds, while Crawford has averaged 21.6 points, 6.2 assists and 1.8 steals.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Fighting Irish won the lone contest played against each other last season, 88-81. The Fighting Irish played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.602 and a superb free throw rate of 0.288. The Demon Deacons were 0.457 and 0.243, respectively, for those same stats.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Under
- The Fighting Irish average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. The Demon Deacons rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Wake Forest averages 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 122nd in the NCAA. Notre Dame ranks 123rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.1).
- Notre Dame ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Wake Forest ranks 138th (6.6).
- The Fighting Irish rank 99th in assists per game (14.4) while the Demon Deacons rank 188th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Notre Dame averages 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 111th in the nation. Wake Forest ranks 191st in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Demon Deacons have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Wake Forest has lost by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Irish have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average).