The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (12-15, 5-12 ACC) close out their home schedule at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (18-10, 9-8 ACC). Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Demon Deacons were victorious over the seventh-ranked Duke Blue Devils 113-101, while the Fighting Irish barely escaped the Boston College Eagles 62-61.
The Fighting Irish had a better free throw rate (0.121 vs. 0.068) and had a better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 17.5). Meanwhile, Wake Forest played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.307) and a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 17.7). Duke was 0.413 and 15.1, respectively, for those same stats. Wake Forest was lifted by Olivier Sarr, who had 25 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, John Mooney had a good outing for Notre Dame, putting up 22 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mooney led the Fighting Irish to a 90-80 win. He registered a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds. The Fighting Irish’s 8.3 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Demon Deacons, who had a rate of 15.8.
A focal point for the Wake Forest offense is getting to the free throw line. The Demon Deacons rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.318), but Notre Dame is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking first by yielding a FTA rate of 0.131). The Fighting Irish should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 1st at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.1 percent). Conversely, the Demon Deacons force the 19th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.2 percent).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Wake Forest Demon Deacons Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- Notre Dame ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while Wake Forest ranks 248th (18.8).
- The Fighting Irish rank 70th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Demon Deacons rank 151st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Notre Dame ranks 165th in steals per game (5.8) while Wake Forest ranks 204th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Demon Deacons average 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Fighting Irish rank 268th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- Notre Dame ranks eighth in assists per game (16.7) while Wake Forest ranks 182nd (12.3).
- The Fighting Irish have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Notre Dame has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average).