An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the North Carolina State Wolfpack (10-4, 1-2 ACC) when they welcome the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-4, 1-2 ACC) to PNC Arena. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Wolfpack lost to the Clemson Tigers, 81-70, while the Fighting Irish edged the Syracuse Orange, 88-87.
Notre Dame dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 11.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.5 (above their season average of 26.7). Syracuse was 13.6 and 37.1, respectively, for those same stats. North Carolina State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.8 vs. 13.8). Markell Johnson had a solid game for North Carolina State with 11 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Notre Dame rallied around John Mooney, who put up 28 points and 14 rebounds.
The Wolfpack won the lone game between these two teams last year, 77-73. The Wolfpack’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Fighting Irish. North Carolina State had a rate of 8.5, while Notre Dame posted a mark of 11.5. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
This contest should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. North Carolina State likes to play up-tempo (72nd in possessions per game), while Notre Dame is methodical (183rd in possessions per game).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish at North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Over
- North Carolina State ranks 123rd in rebounds per game (36.9) while Notre Dame ranks 258th in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- The Fighting Irish rank third in assists per game (18.8) while the Wolfpack rank 101st in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- Notre Dame ranks 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while North Carolina State ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Fighting Irish rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while the Wolfpack rank 142nd (22.4).
- Notre Dame ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while North Carolina State ranks 119th (6.6).
- During their last five games, the Wolfpack have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Fighting Irish’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 11.1 for the season.