The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (17-10, 8-8 ACC), 5-point favorites, will be at Silvio O. Conte Forum to clash against the Boston College Eagles (13-15, 7-10 ACC) in an ACC matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142.5 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Boston College Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles lost big to the Clemson Tigers, 82-64, while the Fighting Irish beat the Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 87-71.
Notre Dame dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.502) and a free throw rate of 0.132 (matching their season average). Miami (FL) was 0.450 and 0.114, respectively, for those same stats. Boston College, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 17.3). Boston College’s Jay Heath played well, finishing with 16 points. Meanwhile, John Mooney played a key role for Notre Dame with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Derryck Thornton led the Eagles to a 73-72 victory. He put up 19 points. Boston College launched 23 three pointers, making 11 of them (47.8 percent). Notre Dame was, on the other hand, 8-29 (27.6 percent).
Boston College may have trouble getting to the free throw line in this meeting. The Eagles rank 283rd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.199, while Notre Dame ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.134). Moreover, the Fighting Irish rank first in turnover percentage (14.0 percent), while the Eagles rank 49th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.0 percent).
Notre Dame at Boston College ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Over
- Notre Dame ranks 65th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Boston College ranks 262nd (32.7).
- The Fighting Irish rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while the Eagles rank 134th (22.2).
- Notre Dame ranks 58th in blocks per game (4.0) while Boston College ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Fighting Irish rank eighth in assists per game (16.9) while the Eagles rank 181st (12.4).
- Boston College ranks 29th in steals per game (8.1) while Notre Dame ranks 183rd (5.6).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (7.4 above their season average).
- The Fighting Irish have been outscored by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Notre Dame has defeated opponents by an average of 6.0 points.