The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (15-11, 5-8 ACC) will attempt to end a five-game road losing streak when they clash with the Boston College Eagles (16-10, 6-7 ACC) at Silvio O. Conte Forum. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Boston College Eagles ATS Preview
In the Fighting Irish’s last matchup, they fell to the No. 14 North Carolina Tar Heels, 83-66. Notre Dame’s John Mooney put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting. North Carolina’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Notre Dame. The Tar Heels had a rate of 38.7 (above their season average of 38.7), while the Fighting Irish posted a mark of 25.0 (below their season average of 31.0).
The Eagles will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last game, 81-58. Boston College rallied around Jerome Robinson, who was the games high scorer with 27 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Boston College played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 47.4 (above their season average of 29.2) and a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 16.2). For those same stats, Pittsburgh recorded marks of 7.4 and 27.8, respectively.
Points at the line might be scarce for Boston College in this battle. The Eagles currently rank 237th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.223, while Notre Dame ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.155). Also, the Fighting Irish rank 13th in turnover percentage (15.1 percent), while the Eagles rank 264th in opponents turnover percentage (17.6 percent).
Robinson has been impressive over the last five games for Boston College, averaging 29.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Fighting Irish won 96-85. The Fighting Irish played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 6.7 and a great free throw rate of 0.305. The Eagles were 10.7 and 0.213, respectively, for those same stats. Robinson was the games top overall scorer with 46 points.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Boston College Eagles Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- The Eagles average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. The Fighting Irish rank 176th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Notre Dame ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Boston College ranks 62nd (5.6).
- Notre Dame ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Boston College ranks 260th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Eagles rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Fighting Irish rank 144th (3.8).
- Boston College averages 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 72nd in the nation. Notre Dame ranks 146th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Irish have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (11.5 above their season average).