The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (15-9, 6-7 ACC) and their outstanding offense visit Duke to take on the seventh-ranked Blue Devils (21-3, 11-2 ACC) and their exceptional defense. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Duke Blue Devils Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Blue Devils were victorious over the eighth-ranked Florida State Seminoles, 70-65, while the Fighting Irish lost a close one to the Virginia Cavaliers, 50-49.
The Blue Devils made 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and held the Seminoles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.402 (below their season average of 0.526). Notre Dame, meanwhile, forced Virginia into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above the 14.9 mark opponents have averaged against Notre Dame this season). Vernon Carey Jr. put together a good game for Duke with 10 points and 10 rebounds. John Mooney led the way for Notre Dame, contributing 11 points and 14 rebounds.
The Blue Devils won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 83-61. Duke’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Notre Dame. The Blue Devils had a rate of 0.627 while the Fighting Irish posted a mark of 0.409. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the country’s best offenses face off. Duke ranks 11th with 112.7 points per 100 possessions and Notre Dame is 51st (108.9). Also, the Fighting Irish rank first in turnover percentage (14.1 percent), while the Blue Devils rank 53rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.0 percent).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Duke Blue Devils ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Duke, O/U – Under
- Duke averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. Notre Dame ranks 263rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Blue Devils average 16.2 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. The Fighting Irish rank 160th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Duke averages 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. Notre Dame ranks 95th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Fighting Irish rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while the Blue Devils rank 216th (19.8).
- Notre Dame ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Duke ranks 194th (7.6).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Irish have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (1.5 below their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 16.5 for the season.