The No. 17 Oklahoma Sooners (9-1) and the Northwestern Wildcats (8-4) square off at Lloyd Noble Center. The Sooners will try to prolong their seven-game winning streak. Oklahoma opened as a 9-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 158.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Northwestern Wildcats vs. Oklahoma Sooners Odds Preview
The Wildcats won big over the Lewis Flyers in their last contest, 85-48. Bryant McIntosh was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Northwestern played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 26.0) and a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 14.8). Lewis put up marks of 18.2 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Sooners played, they dismantled the Northwestern State Demons, 105-68. Oklahoma was lifted by Trae Young, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Oklahoma played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.174 (below their season average of 0.237) and a turnover percentage of 15.5 (worse than their season average of 14.2). Northwestern State recorded marks of 0.108 and 24.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this battle. Oklahoma prefers an up-and-down style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Northwestern is methodical (322nd in possessions per game).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Northwestern games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 88.9 percent of games including Oklahoma have gone over. The Sooners hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (9-1 vs. 8-4), but the Wildcats have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (4-6 vs. 3-6).
Northwestern Wildcats vs. Oklahoma Sooners Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Northwestern, O/U – Under
- The Sooners rank 18th in blocks per game (5.9) while the Wildcats rank 102nd in blocks allowed per game (2.4).
- Oklahoma ranks eighth in assists per game (18.8) while Northwestern ranks 86th (15.3).
- Northwestern ranks 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Oklahoma ranks 256th (27.4).
- The Sooners rank 23rd in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Wildcats rank 157th (33.1).
- Oklahoma ranks 43rd in steals per game (7.9) while Northwestern ranks 160th (5.8).
- The Sooners average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, down from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 54.2 points per game (9.6 below their season average).