The Northwestern State Demons (5-8, 2-2 SthLnd) and the UIW Cardinals (3-10, 0-2 SthLnd) clash at Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center. The Demons will try to end a seven-game road losing streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Northwestern State Demons at UIW Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinals lost to the Nicholls Colonels, 76-60, while the Demons won big over the Houston Baptist Huskies, 106-79.
Northwestern State played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.690 (above their season average of 0.489) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 (above their season average of 28.0). For those same stats, Houston Baptist was 0.500 and 34.3, respectively. UIW, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 25.8). UIW was lifted by Augustine Ene, who put up 15 points. Meanwhile, Trenton Massner had a solid performance for Northwestern State, finishing with 20 points and six rebounds.
The Demons won the only game between these two teams last season, 68-60. Northwestern State’s 0.314 free throw rate was their largest strength over UIW, who had a rate of 0.143. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Northwestern State Demons vs. UIW Cardinals Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Northwestern State, ATS Winner – Northwestern State, O/U – Over
- Northwestern State ranks 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while UIW ranks 249th (18.0).
- The Demons average 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 128th in the NCAA. The Cardinals rank 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Northwestern State averages 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 157th in the nation. UIW ranks 190th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Demons rank 34th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Cardinals rank 172nd (2.3).
- UIW ranks 88th in steals per game (7.2) while Northwestern State ranks 193rd in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Demons have outscored opponents by an average of 11.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Northwestern State has been defeated by an average of 3.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (6.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (6.9 above their season average).