The Northwestern State Demons (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they clash against the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (1-2) at Fant-Ewing Coliseum. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Northwestern State Demons vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Free Preview
In the Demons last contest, they lost big to the Rice Owls, 87-65. Devonte Hall put together a solid game for Northwestern State, recording 13 points. Rice had an effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.440). Northwestern State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.377 (above their season average of 0.257).
The Warhawks come in on a high note after defeating the Southeastern Louisiana Lions in their last contest, 86-75. Louisiana-Monroes Travis Munnings had a good outing, recording 19 points and six rebounds. Louisiana-Monroe played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.1 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2. Southeastern Louisiana was 17.5 and 33.3, respectively, for those same stats.
This game should be a battle of opposite styles. Northwestern State ranks 39th in possessions per game (73.2) while Louisiana-Monroe is 274th (67.7) dating back to last season.
The Demons won the only contest against the Warhawks last season, 68-64. The Demons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.265 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. The Warhawks put up marks of 0.085 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Northwestern State Demons vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, ATS Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Warhawks rank 167th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while the Demons rank 257th (37.5).
- Northwestern State ranks 218th in blocks per game (2.6) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 265th (2.1).
- Northwestern State ranks 111th in steals per game (6.6) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 264th (4.8).
- The Warhawks average 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 159th in the NCAA. The Demons rank 299th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 127th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Northwestern State ranks 243rd (18.9).