Expect a fast-paced game when the Northwestern State Demons (12-13, 9-7 SthLnd) travel to Stephen F. Austin to play the Lumberjacks (24-3, 15-1 SthLnd). Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Northwestern State Demons at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Lumberjacks easily got past the UIW Cardinals, 80-56, while the Demons were beaten by the Nicholls Colonels, 73-69.
Stephen F. Austin dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 38.1) and a turnover percentage of 18.8 (better than their season average of 20.9). UIW recorded marks of 18.2 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats. Northwestern State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 27.5). Stephen F. Austin was lifted by Gavin Kensmil, who contributed 15 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Trenton Massner was a key piece for Northwestern State with 22 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kevon Harris led the Lumberjacks to a 69-62 win. He put up 25 points and eight rebounds. The Lumberjacks’ 15.1 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Demons, who had a mark of 24.7.
There should be plenty of transition action in this matchup that features a pair of the country’s more up-tempo teams. Stephen F. Austin currently ranks 23rd in possessions per game (74.0) and Northwestern State is 25th (73.9). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Demons. They rank 347th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 23.0 percent), while the Lumberjacks force the most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 29.5 percent).
Northwestern State Demons vs. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Over
- Stephen F. Austin ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while Northwestern State ranks 246th (38.2).
- The Lumberjacks rank 40th in assists per game (14.9) while the Demons rank 176th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Northwestern State averages 4.6 blocks per game, which is ranked 30th in the NCAA. Stephen F. Austin ranks 132nd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Lumberjacks rank first in steals per game (10.5) while the Demons rank 219th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Northwestern State ranks 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 306th (15.6).
- The Lumberjacks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, down from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demons have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (2.6 below their season average).