Expect a fast-paced game when the Northwestern State Demons (12-14, 9-8 SthLnd) travel to Southeastern Louisiana to play the Lions (6-22, 3-14 SthLnd). Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Northwestern State Demons vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions Betting Odds
Both teams lost big in their last game. The Lions fell to the McNeese State Cowboys, 104-82, while the Demons were defeated by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 90-59.
Northwestern State had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.221) while Southeastern Louisiana did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). Brandon Gonzalez led the way for Southeastern Louisiana, recording 23 points and seven rebounds. Northwestern State, meanwhile, was lifted by Jairus Roberson, who put up 13 points.
In their first matchup this year, Ty Brewer led the Lions to an 84-81 win. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Southeastern Louisiana had a better effective field goal percentage (0.478 vs. 0.447). Northwestern State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.333 vs. 0.261).
There should be plenty of transition action in this meeting that showcases two of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Southeastern Louisiana currently ranks 18th in possessions per game (74.4) and Northwestern State is 24th (74.0). Moreover, the Demons’ 47th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.462) will face off against the Lions’ 319th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.465).
Northwestern State at Southeastern Louisiana ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, ATS Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, O/U – Over
- Northwestern State ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.9) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 261st (32.4).
- The Demons rank 150th in assists per game (12.9) while the Lions rank 257th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 21.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 164th in the nation. Northwestern State ranks 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Lions rank 34th in steals per game (8.0) while the Demons rank 230th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Northwestern State ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 217th (1.8).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demons have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (1.0 above their season average).