The Colorado State Rams (2-1) will be at home in Moby Arena when they square off against the Northwestern State Demons (1-4). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Northwestern State Demons vs. Colorado State Rams Free Preview
The Demons were victorious over the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks in their last outing, 76-61. Ishmael Lane was the games high scorer with 17 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Northwestern State played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.409). Louisiana-Monroe had marks of 0.098 and 0.451, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Rams last game, they were topped by the New Mexico State Aggies, 89-76. Che Bob led Colorado State in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-9 shooting. New Mexico State made 11 of their 27 three pointers (40.7 percent). Colorado State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.267 vs. 0.172).
Colorado State appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Rams rank 64th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.475), while Northwestern State is 248th in effective field goal percentage (0.493) since last season. It will also be a tale of two styles as the up-tempo Demons rank 40th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Rams rank 286th.
Northwestern State Demons vs. Colorado State Rams Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Demons rank 199th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while the Rams rank 286th (24.3).
- Colorado State ranks 150th in blocks per game (3.4) while Northwestern State ranks 226th (2.7).
- Colorado State ranks 58th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Northwestern State ranks 306th (16.4).
- The Rams rank 46th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Demons rank 256th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Colorado State ranks 60th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Northwestern State ranks 238th (7.2).