The Youngstown State Penguins (16-12, 9-6 Hor) close out their home schedule at Beeghly Physical Education Center against the Northern Kentucky Norse (20-8, 12-4 Hor). The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Northern Kentucky Norse at Youngstown State Penguins Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Penguins easily got past the Wright State Raiders 88-70, while the Norse were victorious over the Cleveland State Vikings 73-59.
The Norse had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.0 (better than their season average of 16.2) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 (above their season average of 30.5). Meanwhile, Youngstown State dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7 (above their season average of 36.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.581 (above their season average of 0.480). Wright State was 21.6 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats. Youngstown State was lifted by Darius Quisenberry, who put up 41 points and six rebounds. Dantez Walton, meanwhile had a good outing for Northern Kentucky, finishing with 22 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyler Sharpe led the Norse to an 88-63 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 33 points. Northern Kentucky’s 0.602 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Youngstown State, who had a mark of 0.375.
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Youngstown State in this contest. The Penguins are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking ninth in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.3 percent. Meanwhile, Northern Kentucky ranks 281st in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.7 percent.
Northern Kentucky Norse vs. Youngstown State Penguins ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
- Youngstown State averages 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 21st in the country. Northern Kentucky ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Norse rank 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while the Penguins rank 104th (23.1).
- Northern Kentucky averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. Youngstown State ranks 156th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- The Norse rank 31st in steals per game (8.1) while the Penguins rank 159th (5.9).
- Northern Kentucky ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Youngstown State ranks 98th (3.2).
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average).