The Northern Kentucky Norse (19-8, 11-4 Hor) will be at the Wolstein Center to meet the Cleveland State Vikings (10-17, 6-8 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Northern Kentucky Norse at Cleveland State Vikings Betting Odds
In their last game, the Vikings edged the Detroit Titans, 67-66, while the Norse lost big to the UIC Flames, 73-43.
The Vikings had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 19.9) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 31.3). Northern Kentucky, meanwhile, forced UIC into a turnover percentage of 22.5 (above the 18.1 mark opponents have averaged against Northern Kentucky this season). Cleveland State was lifted by Algevon Eichelberger, who had 17 points, six rebounds and five assists. Jalen Tate played a pivotal role for Northern Kentucky with eight points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Trevon Faulkner led the Norse to a 75-49 win. He scored a game-high 24 points. Northern Kentucky’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Cleveland State. The Norse had a rate of 0.465 while the Vikings posted a mark of 0.314.
Cleveland State might have difficulty putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the nation’s best defenses. Northern Kentucky currently ranks 70th in defensive efficiency while the Vikings rank 334th in offensive efficiency.
Northern Kentucky Norse vs. Cleveland State Vikings ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Under
- Northern Kentucky ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Cleveland State ranks 307th (12.5).
- The Norse average 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. The Vikings rank 187th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Northern Kentucky averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 85th in the country. Cleveland State ranks 168th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Norse rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Vikings rank 178th (4.9).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 39th in steals per game (8.1) while Cleveland State ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Vikings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 7.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Norse have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (1.0 above their season average).