The Northern Illinois Huskies (6-3) will travel to The Pavilion to meet the UC Davis Aggies (3-7). The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. UC Davis Aggies Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Aggies won big over the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, 85-66, while the Huskies were beaten by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 61-49.
UC Davis played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.700 (above their season average of 0.511) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.1 (above their season average of 23.0). For those same stats, Northern Arizona was 0.472 and 25.7, respectively. Northern Illinois, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 29.0). UC Davis’ Joe Mooney had a good game, putting up 35 points and seven rebounds. Eugene German, meanwhile fueled Northern Illinois with 16 points.
The Huskies won the only contest between these two teams last year, 71-62. Northern Illinois’ free throw rate was their largest strength over UC Davis. The Huskies had a rate of 0.288, while the Aggies posted a mark of 0.115.
The ineffective offense of UC Davis will clash against the elite defense of Northern Illinois. Since last season, the Aggies rank 291st in offensive efficiency, while the Huskies are 13th in defensive efficiency. The Huskies should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Northern Illinois vs. UC Davis Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UC Davis, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Northern Illinois ranks fourth in rebounds per game (36.1) while UC Davis ranks 315th (30.1).
- The Huskies rank 161st in blocks per game (2.4) while the Aggies rank 243rd (2.1).
- UC Davis ranks 198th in assists per game (12.6) while Northern Illinois ranks 278th (11.0).
- The Aggies rank 63rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while the Huskies rank 291st (25.0).
- Northern Illinois ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while UC Davis ranks 152nd (6.4).