It will be a contest between two tremendous defenses when the Eastern Michigan Eagles (15-12, 5-9 MAC) challenge the Northern Illinois Huskies (16-11, 9-5 MAC) at Convocation Center. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Eagles fell to the Ball State Cardinals, 64-55, while the Huskies won a close one over the Central Michigan Chippewas, 82-81.
Northern Illinois dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (below their season average of 31.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.485 (above their season average of 0.473). Central Michigan put up marks of 22.5 and 0.470, respectively, for those same stats. Eastern Michigan, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 19.5). Eastern Michigan’s Boubacar Toure had a good outing, recording 16 points and eight rebounds. Eugene German was a key piece for Northern Illinois with 23 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, German led the Huskies to a 71-68 win. He scored a game-high 17 points. One of Northern Illinois’ largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Eastern Michigan had 17.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Eastern Michigan currently ranks 254th in possessions per game (67.7) and Northern Illinois is 307th (66.4). Additionally, the 51st-ranked defense of the Huskies (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.462) will square off against the 253rd-ranked offense of the Eagles (effective field goal percentage of 0.484).
Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Eastern Michigan ranks second in steals per game (10.3) while Northern Illinois ranks 179th (5.6).
- The Eagles rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Huskies rank 98th (3.2).
- Northern Illinois ranks 262nd in assists per game (10.0) while Eastern Michigan ranks 266th (9.7).
- The Huskies rank 26th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Eagles rank 199th (34.4).
- Northern Illinois ranks 185th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Eastern Michigan ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 2.7 for the season.