It will be a showdown between two tremendous defenses when the Sacramento State Hornets (13-10, 6-8 BigSky) square off with the Northern Colorado Bears (16-8, 9-4 BigSky) at The Hornets Nest. Action starts at 10:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. Sacramento State Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hornets were victorious over the Southern Utah Thunderbirds 70-55, while the Bears won big over the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 84-54.
Northern Colorado dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.690 (above their season average of 0.536) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 13.8). For those same stats, Northern Arizona was 0.455 and 14.5, respectively. Meanwhile, Sacramento State’s 0.490 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Southern Utah, who had a rate of 0.362. The Hornets’ mark was above their season average of 0.441, while the Thunderbirds’ was below their season average of 0.514. Sacramento State was led by Izayah Mauriohooho-Le’afa, who contributed 21 points, five rebounds and five assists. Jonah Radebaugh, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Northern Colorado with 13 points, 12 assists and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Radebaugh led the Bears to a 71-52 win. He put up 13 points, six assists and five rebounds. Northern Colorado’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Sacramento State. The Bears had a rate of 0.260, while the Hornets posted a mark of 0.132.
The inefficient offense of Sacramento State (309th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 96.1) will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of Northern Colorado (58th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 94.5). The Bears figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Bears rank 10th in turnover percentage (15.5 percent), while the Hornets rank 55th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.0 percent).
Northern Colorado Bears vs. Sacramento State Hornets Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
- Northern Colorado ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while Sacramento State ranks 292nd (15.4).
- The Bears rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Hornets rank 35th (5.4).
- Northern Colorado allows the second-fewest assists per game (8.3) while Sacramento State ranks 11th (9.7).
- The Hornets rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Bears rank 71st (33.0).
- Sacramento State ranks 52nd in blocks per game (4.1) while Northern Colorado ranks 84th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Bears’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 61.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).