The Idaho State Bengals (6-18, 3-12 BigSky) welcome the Northern Colorado Bears (18-8, 11-4 BigSky) to Holt Arena. The Bengals will try to put an end to their 10-game losing streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. Idaho State Bengals Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bengals lost to the Montana Grizzlies, 78-63, while the Bears edged the Southern Utah Thunderbirds, 68-66.
Northern Colorado’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Southern Utah. The Bears had a rate of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.548), while the Thunderbirds posted a mark of 0.483. Idaho State, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (14-19; 73.7 percent). Idaho State’s Chier Maker had a solid performance, recording 11 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jonah Radebaugh played a pivotal role for Northern Colorado with 19 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Radebaugh led the Bears to an 83-67 victory. He produced 22 points and seven rebounds. Northern Colorado’s 0.667 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Idaho State, who had a rate of 0.509.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Idaho State currently ranks 257th in possessions per game (67.6) and Northern Colorado is 313th (66.2). Additionally, the 23rd-ranked offense of the Bears (offensive efficiency of 111.3) will face off against the 303rd-ranked defense of the Bengals (defensive efficiency of 105.5).
Northern Colorado at Idaho State Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Under
- Northern Colorado ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Idaho State ranks 233rd (19.2).
- The Bears rank 200th in rebounds per game (34.3) while the Bengals rank 236th (33.4).
- The Bears rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Bengals rank 110th (6.3).
- Northern Colorado ranks second in assists allowed per game (8.3) while Idaho State ranks 73rd (11.4).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Bengals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 2.6 for the season.