The Northern Colorado Bears (6-5) and their sensational offense visit Sacramento State to play the Hornets (6-3) and their tremendous defense. Action begins at 10:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Northern Colorado Bears at Sacramento State Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams blew out their last opponent. The Hornets defeated the Simpson University (CA) Red Hawks 76-52, while the Bears beat the Colorado College Tigers 126-56.
Northern Colorado played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 and a free throw rate of 0.338. For those same stats, Colorado College recorded marks of 8.8 and 0.100, respectively. The Hornets, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 23.6) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.486 vs. 0.342). Marcus Graves played well for Sacramento State, racking up 12 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds on his way to his zeroth triple-double of the season. Meanwhile, Northern Colorado rallied around Trent Harris, who had 33 points.
The Hornets won the sole game between these two teams last season, 88-77. The Hornets’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bears. Sacramento State had a rate of 9.8, while Northern Colorado posted a mark of 14.8.
Jordan Davis has been exceptional recently for Northern Colorado, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Sacramento State could have trouble getting to the foul line in this battle. The Hornets rank 232nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Northern Colorado ranks 47th in FTA rate allowed (0.232) dating back to the 2017-18 season. Furthermore, the 17th-ranked offense of the Bears (offensive efficiency of 111.6) will go head-to-head against the eighth-ranked defense of the Hornets (defensive efficiency of 104.5).
Northern Colorado at Sacramento State Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Northern Colorado ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Sacramento State ranks 256th (17.5).
- The Bears average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 101st in the nation. The Hornets rank 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Sacramento State averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the country. Northern Colorado ranks 57th in assists allowed per game (10.4).
- The Hornets rank 26th in steals per game (6.1) while the Bears rank 173rd (5.2).
- Northern Colorado ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Sacramento State ranks 127th (35.8).