The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (15-10, 9-7 BigSky) will be at Reese Court to go head-to-head against the Eastern Washington Eagles (18-8, 11-4 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action gets underway at 5:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Eastern Washington Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Eagles edged the Sacramento State Hornets 77-76, while the Lumberjacks were victorious over the Idaho Vandals 78-61.
Northern Arizona played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 15.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.538 (above their season average of 0.517). Idaho was 20.4 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Eastern Washington’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Sacramento State. The Eagles had a rate of 32.1 (above their season average of 27.8), while the Hornets posted a mark of 28.6. Mason Peatling fueled Eastern Washington with 28 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Northern Arizona was led by Bernie Andre, who recorded 19 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kim Aiken Jr. led the Eagles to a 77-66 win. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. The Eagles’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Lumberjacks. Eastern Washington had a rate of 32.4, while Northern Arizona posted a mark of 25.7.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Eastern Washington figures to have a noteworthy edge. The elite Eagles offense ranks 37th in the country in that metric at 0.537, while the porous Northern Arizona defense is ranked 300th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.519).
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Eastern Washington Eagles ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Eastern Washington, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Under
- Northern Arizona ranks 69th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while Eastern Washington ranks 245th (37.4).
- The Lumberjacks average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 96th in the country. The Eagles rank 207th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Northern Arizona ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Eastern Washington ranks 89th (3.2).
- The Eagles rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while the Lumberjacks rank 202nd (20.4).
- Eastern Washington averages 17.7 assists per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Northern Arizona ranks 153rd in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (5.9 above their season average).