The No. 3 Arizona Wildcats and Northern Arizona Lumberjacks will clash at McKale Memorial Center to commence the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points with Arizona set as a 34.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Preview
Arizona reached the Sweet 16 last season as a two seed in the tournament, where they fell to the Xavier Musketeers. In the regular season, the Wildcats went 30-4. Northern Arizona, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following a 9-23 regular season campaign.
The high-powered offense of Arizona will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Northern Arizona. Last season, the Wildcats ranked 15th in offensive efficiency, while the Lumberjacks were 261st in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
The Lumberjacks were 9-23 straight up (SU) and 16-14 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Northern Arizona’s 30 games with betting action last year, 18 finished under the O/U total.
The Wildcats, meanwhile, were 30-4 SU and 21-15-1 ATS last season. Just over half of Arizona’s games also finished under the O/U total.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Arizona Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Northern Arizona, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 126th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while the Lumberjacks rank 234th (14.3).
- Arizona ranks 156th in blocks per game (3.2) while Northern Arizona ranks 261st (2.0).
- Northern Arizona ranks 81st in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Arizona ranks 301st (16.9).
- The Wildcats rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Lumberjacks rank 207th (6.8).
- Arizona ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while Northern Arizona ranks 199th (35.9).