The Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) will be at home in Wells-Fargo Arena when they clash with the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (0-2). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 158 points with Arizona State opening as a 23.5-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Free Preview
The Lumberjacks lost to the Embry-Riddle Arizona Eagles in their last matchup, 82-70. With 16 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Chris Bowling was Northern Arizonas high scorer. Embry-Riddle Arizona had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.543 vs. 0.398). Northern Arizona, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.390 vs. 0.328).
In the Sun Devils last game, they blew out the San Diego State Aztecs, 90-68. With 24 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Tra Holder was the games leading scorer. Arizona State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.328 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574. For those same stats, San Diego State was 0.152 and 0.439, respectively.
Arizona State should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Since the 2016-17 season, Arizona State ranks third in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while Northern Arizona has forced the 58th-fewest turnovers (17.1 percent).
Since last season, the Lumberjacks have had records of 9-25 straight up (SU) and 17-14 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Northern Arizona games have finished under the projected point total 58.1 percent of the time.
Meanwhile, the Sun Devils, have records of 17-18 SU and 16-16-2 ATS since last season. Arizona States games have had a tendency to go over the projected point total over that same stretch (61.8 percent).
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Northern Arizona, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lumberjacks rank 149th in assists per game (13.7) while the Sun Devils rank 305th in assists allowed per game (18.7).
- Arizona State ranks 143rd in blocks per game (3.3) while Northern Arizona ranks 262nd (2.0).
- Arizona State ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Northern Arizona ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- The Lumberjacks average 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 82nd in the NCAA. The Sun Devils rank 304th in rebounds allowed per game (39.3).
- Arizona State ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Northern Arizona ranks 215th (6.8).