The Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they clash against the Northeastern Huskies (2-1) at Value City Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 142.5 points with Ohio State set as a 9.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Northeastern Huskies at Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Preview
The last time the Huskies played, they lost to the Stanford Cardinal, 73-59. Northeasterns Bolden Brace put together a solid game, recording 13 points and eight rebounds. Stanford did a great job of making free throws (11-15; 73.3 percent). Northeastern, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 29.0).
The Buckeyes hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Texas Southern Tigers in their last contest, 82-64. Ohio State was lifted by Keita Bates-Diop, who put up 17 points and 12 rebounds. Ohio State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 and a turnover percentage of 12.2. Texas Southern was 18.8 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Ohio State could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Buckeyes rank 160th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.253, while Northeastern ranks 56th in FTA rate allowed (0.208) since last season.
Since last season, the Huskies are 17-17 straight up (SU) and 13-12-1 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Northeastern games have had no tendency in regards to the O/U total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
The Buckeyes are 20-15 SU since last season, but have had a difficult time covering the spread (11-20 ATS). Games featuring Ohio State have finished over the O/U total 54.8 percent of the time over that same stretch.
Northeastern Huskies vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buckeyes average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 85th in the NCAA. The Huskies rank 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Ohio State ranks 152nd in assists per game (13.7) while Northeastern ranks 167th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Northeastern ranks 71st in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Ohio State ranks 286th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Buckeyes rank 71st in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Huskies rank 256th (34.0).
- Ohio State ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Northeastern ranks 117th (5.9).