A nine-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Hofstra Pride (12-3, 2-0 CAA) when they square off against the Northeastern Huskies (7-7, 1-1 CAA) at Mack Sports Complex. The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Northeastern Huskies vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Pride had no trouble getting past the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 79-61, while the Huskies lost a close one to the Boston University Terriers, 77-74.
Hofstra dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 and a free throw rate of 0.188. For those same stats, Mount St. Mary’s recorded marks of 8.1 and 0.125, respectively. Northeastern, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-24; 75.0 percent). Justin Wright-Foreman had a solid game for Hofstra with 20 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Northeastern was led by Vasa Pusica, who finished with 31 points and six assists.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Huskies won 81-67. Getting to the free throw line was one of Northeastern’s largest strengths. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Hofstra had 18. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Eli Pemberton and Wright-Foreman have been playing well over the last five games for Hofstra. Pemberton has averaged 0 points, while Wright-Foreman has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
The high-powered offense of Hofstra will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Northeastern. The Pride rank 12th in offensive efficiency, while the Huskies are 318th in defensive efficiency. The Pride should have the edge on that end of the court.
Northeastern Huskies vs. Hofstra Pride Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
- Hofstra ranks 164th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Northeastern ranks 249th (30.8).
- The Huskies average 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. The Pride rank 153rd in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- Northeastern ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Hofstra ranks 54th (2.9).
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Northeastern has scored an equal number of points as their opponents.
- During their last five games, the Pride have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (5.2 above their season average).