The Northeastern Huskies (13-13, 7-7 CAA) will be at the Bob Carpenter Center Acierno Arena to square off with the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (19-8, 9-5 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Northeastern Huskies at Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Fightin’ Blue Hens fell to the William & Mary Tribe, 81-77, while the Huskies defeated the Charleston Cougars, 65-51.
Northeastern dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (above their season average of 23.8) and a turnover percentage of 15.8 (better than their season average of 16.8). For those same stats, Charleston recorded marks of 6.7 and 26.3, respectively. Delaware, on the other hand, held William & Mary to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 26.6). Delaware was led by Nate Darling, who recorded 36 points. Meanwhile, Jordan Roland was a key piece for Northeastern with 17 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Darling led the Fightin’ Blue Hens to a 76-74 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 34 points. The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ 23.1 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Huskies, who had a mark of 11.1.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Delaware should have a significant edge. The sweet-shooting Fightin’ Blue Hens offense ranks 15th in the nation in that metric at 0.550, while the porous Northeastern defense is ranked 281st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514).
Northeastern Huskies at Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
- Northeastern ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Delaware ranks 172nd (13.1).
- The Huskies rank 150th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 198th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- Northeastern allows the 14th-fewest blocks per game (2.2) while Delaware ranks 34th (2.6).
- The Huskies rank 41st in steals per game (8.0) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 188th (5.5).
- Northeastern ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Delaware ranks 85th (33.3).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average).