To bring the regular season to a close, the Northeastern Huskies (20-9, 13-4 CAA) will travel to Alumni Gym and meet the Elon Phoenix (14-15, 6-10 CAA). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 141 points with Northeastern opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Northeastern Huskies at Elon Phoenix ATS Preview
In the Huskies last outing, they defeated the Towson Tigers, 80-75. Shawn Occeus was Northeastern’s high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Huskies had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.259) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.660 (above their season average of 0.564).
The Phoenix are trying to rebound after their 79-58 loss to the Charleston Cougars in their last outing. With 15 points and six rebounds, Elon’s Tyler Seibring had a solid outing. Charleston out-rebounded Elon. The Cougars had nine offensive rebounds and 40 total rebounds, while the Phoenix had four and 33, respectively.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Elon in this meeting. The Phoenix rank 335th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 percent), while Northeastern ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent).
Of Northeastern’s 25 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 14 of Elon’s 25 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Huskies have a clear advantage. They are 20-9 SU and 10-14-1 ATS, while the Phoenix are 14-15 SU and 8-17 ATS.
Vasa Pusica has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Northeastern, averaging 23.4 points and 5.0 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 132 points, which was under the projected point total of 141. The Huskies won 72-60, covering as 6-point favorites. The Huskies played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 and a turnover percentage of 18.9. The Phoenix were 18.2 and 28.1, respectively, for those same stats. Pusica was the games top overall scorer with 20 points.
Northeastern Huskies at Elon Phoenix Odds Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
- The Huskies rank 18th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Phoenix rank 113th (12.9).
- Northeastern ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Elon ranks 70th (3.0).
- Northeastern is 5-9 ATS on the road, while Elon is 5-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 8 of the Huskies 14 road games, while 5 of the Phoenix’s 9 home games have gone over.
- Northeastern ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (15.5) while Elon ranks 286th (28.2).
- The Huskies rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Phoenix rank 277th (38.8).
- Northeastern ranks 92nd in steals per game (6.7) while Elon ranks 241st (4.3).
- Elon is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Northeastern is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Phoenix’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).