The Northeastern Huskies (8-8, 2-2 CAA) will be at Kaplan Arena to meet the William & Mary Tribe (7-10, 3-2 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Northeastern Huskies at William & Mary Tribe Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Tribe lost a close one to the Hofstra Pride, 93-90, while the Huskies defeated the Elon Phoenix, 81-70.
Northeastern played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 17.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 22.8). Elon was 18.8 and 15.8, respectively, for those same stats. William & Mary, meanwhile, held Hofstra to an effective field goal percentage of 0.470 (below their season average of 0.562). Nathan Knight had a solid performance for William & Mary, recording 31 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Northeastern, meanwhile, received a boost from Donnell Gresham Jr., who had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the most recent matchup, Northeastern won 69-67. Northeastern’s 0.289 free throw rate was their largest advantage over William & Mary, who had a mark of 0.229. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Matt Milon has been playing at a high level recently for William & Mary, averaging 14 points over the last five games.
Second-chance points might be hard to find for William & Mary in this showdown. The Tribe currently rank 307th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 percent), while Northeastern ranks 49th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent). Moreover, the elite offense of the Huskies ranks 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.564), while the Tribe are 75th-worst in the country at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525).
Northeastern vs. William & Mary Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Under
- William & Mary ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.5) while Northeastern ranks 165th (2.2).
- The Tribe average 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Huskies rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Northeastern ranks 126th in steals per game (6.1) while William & Mary ranks 152nd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Huskies rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Tribe rank 145th (35.3).
- William & Mary averages 17.4 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. Northeastern ranks 129th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (7.1 below their season average).