The UNCW Seahawks (5-15, 0-7 CAA) welcome the Northeastern Huskies (10-8, 4-2 CAA) to Raiford G. Trask Coliseum. The Seahawks look to snap their 12-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Northeastern Huskies at UNCW Seahawks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Seahawks lost a close one to the Hofstra Pride, 63-61, while the Huskies won a close one over the Charleston Cougars, 79-76.
The Huskies had 9 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.563). UNCW, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 17.2). UNCW was led by Mike Okauru, who recorded 17 points. Meanwhile, Jordan Roland had a good game for Northeastern, recording 33 points.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in all three games. In the last matchup, Northeastern won 80-59. Northeastern made 12 of their 26 three pointers (46.2 percent). UNCW was, meanwhile, just 1-7 (14.3 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance opportunities might be few and far between for UNCW in this showdown. The Seahawks currently rank 247th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent), while Northeastern ranks 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent). Furthermore, the Huskies rank 48th in offensive efficiency (109.5), while the Seahawks rank 278th in defensive efficiency (103.3).
Northeastern Huskies at UNCW Seahawks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Under
- Northeastern ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while UNCW ranks 182nd (36.4).
- The Huskies are 15th in the country with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Seahawks are 50th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- Northeastern ranks 107th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while UNCW ranks 142nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- The Huskies rank 21st in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Seahawks rank 168th (13.4).
- Northeastern ranks 64th in steals per game (7.7) while UNCW ranks 119th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (8.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average).