Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Northeastern Huskies (11-8, 5-2 CAA) visit Towson to take on the Tigers (6-14, 2-5 CAA). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Northeastern Huskies at Towson Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Tigers barely escaped the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 64-63, while the Huskies were victorious over the UNCW Seahawks 88-71.
Northeastern played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 5.4 (better than their season average of 16.6) and a free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.269). UNCW put up marks of 15.5 and 0.172, respectively, for those same stats. The Tigers, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.1 vs. 22.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (above their season average of 0.468). Towson received a boost from Brian Fobbs, who finished with 13 points and seven rebounds. Vasa Pusica, meanwhile was a key piece for Northeastern with 21 points.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last matchup, Northeastern won 80-75. Getting to the free throw line was one of Northeastern’s biggest advantages. They made 30 trips to the line, while Towson went 25 times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Towson ranks 343rd in possessions per game (65.2) and Northeastern is 298th (67.2). Also, the Huskies rank 48th in offensive efficiency (112.5), while the Tigers rank 304th in defensive efficiency (108.3).
Northeastern Huskies at Towson Tigers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- Towson ranks 79th in rebounds per game (37.6) while Northeastern ranks 258th (31.1).
- The Huskies allow the eighth-fewest blocks per game (2.1) while the Tigers rank 29th (2.5).
- Towson ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Northeastern ranks 44th (5.4).
- The Huskies rank 82nd in assists per game (14.6) while the Tigers rank 255th (10.1).
- Northeastern ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Towson ranks 266th (17.6).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 2.8 for the season.