The Northeastern Huskies (2-0), 2-point favorites, will travel to the William D. Mullins Center to go head-to-head against the Massachusetts Minutemen (2-0). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141 points and action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Northeastern Huskies vs. Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Minutemen won a close one over the Fairfield Stags 62-60, while the Huskies were victorious over the Harvard Crimson 84-79.
The Huskies had a much better free throw rate (0.333 vs. 0.213) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.657 vs. 0.541). Meanwhile, Massachusetts’ 15.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Fairfield, who had a mark of 17.4. Sean East II was a key piece for Massachusetts with 14 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Jordan Roland played well for Northeastern, contributing 42 points and six rebounds.
Massachusetts could have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Minutemen rank 265th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.210, while Northeastern ranks 77th in FTA rate allowed (0.201) since last season. Furthermore, the 27th-ranked offense of the Huskies (offensive efficiency of 113.2) will go head-to-head against the 284th-ranked defense of the Minutemen (defensive efficiency of 107.1).
Northeastern Huskies vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Northeastern ranks 73rd in assists allowed per game (11.9) while Massachusetts ranks 250th (14.8).
- The Minutemen rank 203rd in rebounds per game (34.7) while the Huskies rank 298th (31.5).
- Massachusetts ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Northeastern ranks 81st (20.7).
- The Huskies rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Minutemen rank 143rd (3.4).
- Northeastern ranks 145th in steals per game (6.3) while Massachusetts ranks 245th (5.0).