It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the North Texas Mean Green (1-0), 15-point underdogs, travel to 25th-ranked VCU to play the Rams (1-0). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
North Texas Mean Green at VCU Rams Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Rams beat the Saint Francis U Red Flash 72-58, while the Mean Green dismantled the Oklahoma Christian Eagles 79-40.
North Texas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.8 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.704. Oklahoma Christian was 20.0 and 0.326, respectively, for those same stats. The Rams, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.273 vs. 0.154) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.518 vs. 0.369). VCU rallied around Marcus Santos-Silva, who finished with 21 points and 18 rebounds. Thomas Bell, meanwhile played a pivotal role for North Texas with 16 points.
Points could be at a premium in this battle between a pair of the NCAA’s best defenses. Since the 2018-19 season, VCU ranks second in defensive efficiency (89.4) and North Texas is ninth (93.1). Also, the Mean Green rank 292nd in turnover percentage (20.3 percent), while the Rams rank 11th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.6 percent).
North Texas Mean Green at VCU Rams Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- VCU ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while North Texas ranks 206th (3.9).
- The Rams are 12th in the nation with 18.4 three pointers allowed per game while the Mean Green are 43rd with 19.8 three pointers allowed per game.
- North Texas ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while VCU ranks 29th (10.8).
- The Rams average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Mean Green rank 180th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- North Texas averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. VCU ranks 209th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).