The UTSA Roadrunners (9-7, 3-0 CUSA) welcome the North Texas Mean Green (16-1, 4-0 CUSA) to UTSA Convocation Center, where both teams will will try to lengthen their winning streaks. The Mean Green have won eight games in a row, while the Roadrunners are on a six-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
North Texas Mean Green vs. UTSA Roadrunners ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Roadrunners defeated the Rice Owls 95-79, while the Mean Green beat the UTEP Miners 58-51.
North Texas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 34.8) and a free throw rate of 0.107 (below their season average of 0.218). UTEP had marks of 17.1 and 0.091, respectively, for those same stats. The Roadrunners, on the other hand, had a solid turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 16.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.474). Giovanni De Nicolao had a good game for UTSA with 19 points, seven assists and five rebounds. North Texas was led by Umoja Gibson, who finished with 13 points and seven rebounds.
The Mean Green dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, North Texas won 80-62. North Texas had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.655 vs. 0.432). UTSA, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (11-15; 73.3 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The inefficient offense of UTSA will battle against the stingy defense of North Texas. The Roadrunners rank 265th in offensive efficiency, while the Mean Green are 28th in defensive efficiency. The Mean Green figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
North Texas Mean Green at UTSA Roadrunners Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UTSA, ATS Winner – UTSA, O/U – Over
- North Texas ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while UTSA ranks 245th (39.4).
- The Roadrunners rank 40th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Mean Green rank 98th (6.4).
- The Mean Green rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Roadrunners rank 134th (22.8).
- North Texas ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.4) while UTSA ranks 90th (12.6).
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (9.6 below their season average).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 14.8 for the season.