It will be a meeting between two tremendous defenses when the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (13-4, 4-1 CUSA) take on the North Texas Mean Green (10-8, 4-1 CUSA) at Thomas Assembly Center. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
North Texas Mean Green at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs defeated the Rice Owls 72-56, while the Mean Green won big over the Southern Miss Golden Eagles 72-52.
North Texas played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (below their season average of 32.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.556). Southern Miss was 17.2 and 0.436, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 30.6) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, Rice had marks of 15.2 and 21.0, respectively. Derric Jean was a key piece for Louisiana Tech with 13 points and eight assists. Javion Hamlet, meanwhile led the way for North Texas, recording 13 points and 10 assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last matchup, the Bulldogs won 66-53. The Bulldogs’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Mean Green. Louisiana Tech had a rate of 11.5, while North Texas posted a mark of 28.1. This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a matchup of two heavyweights. The sweet-shooting North Texas offense ranks 15th in the nation in that metric at 0.558, while the top-notch Louisiana Tech defense is ranked 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.445).
North Texas Mean Green at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Over
- Louisiana Tech ranks 71st in rebounds per game (38.4) while North Texas ranks 255th (32.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Mean Green rank 87th (3.3).
- North Texas is 25th in the nation with 10.1 assists allowed per game while Louisiana Tech is 57th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- The Bulldogs rank ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Mean Green rank 179th (7.8).
- North Texas ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Louisiana Tech ranks 105th (21.1).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, down from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).