The North Texas Mean Green (18-10, 12-3 CUSA) will be at the Ocean Bank Convocation Center to square off against the FIU Panthers (17-10, 8-6 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
North Texas Mean Green vs. FIU Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Panthers lost to the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 75-67, while the Mean Green lost a close one to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 73-71.
North Texas did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (13-15; 86.7 percent) while FIU forced Southern Miss into a turnover percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 18.2). FIU’s Devon Andrews played well, contributing 24 points and seven rebounds. North Texas received a boost from Javion Hamlet, who recorded 25 points.
In their first matchup this year, Umoja Gibson led the Mean Green to a 74-56 win. He put up 14 points. The Mean Green’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Panthers. North Texas had a rate of 42.4, while FIU posted a mark of 28.6.
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Panthers (ranked 20th in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Mean Green (341st in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Mean Green’s fifth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.568) will face off against the Panthers’ 54th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.463).
North Texas vs. FIU Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Under
- North Texas ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (28.1) while FIU ranks 277th (40.1).
- The Panthers average 9.2 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. The Mean Green rank 154th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- North Texas ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while FIU ranks 179th (22.4).
- The Panthers rank first in blocks per game (6.6) while the Mean Green rank 166th (2.6).
- FIU ranks 48th in assists per game (14.7) while North Texas ranks 204th (11.9).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 8.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (9.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (8.1 below their season average).