The North Texas Mean Green (9-8, 3-1 CUSA) will be at Reed Green Coliseum to meet the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (4-13, 0-4 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
North Texas Mean Green vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Eagles fell to the UTSA Roadrunners, 80-70, while the Mean Green easily got past the Florida Atlantic Owls, 81-58.
The Mean Green had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.643 (above their season average of 0.550), while the Owls had a free throw rate of 0.158 (below their season average of 0.211). Southern Miss, on the other hand, held UTSA to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 29.6). Southern Miss was lifted by Artur Konontsuk, who finished with 14 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Javion Hamlet had a good game for North Texas, finishing with 20 points and six assists.
The Mean Green won the lone game between these two teams last year, 65-62. North Texas’ free throw rate was their largest advantage over Southern Miss. The Mean Green had a rate of 0.212, while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 0.127. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The upper-echelon offense of North Texas will clash against the porous defense of Southern Miss. The Mean Green rank 16th in effective field goal percentage (0.556), while the Golden Eagles are 317th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.533). The Mean Green should have the edge on that end of the court.
North Texas Mean Green at Southern Miss Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Under
- North Texas ranks 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Southern Miss ranks 237th (25.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank 101st in steals per game (7.0) while the Mean Green rank 177th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Southern Miss ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while North Texas ranks 77th (3.2).
- The Mean Green rank 29th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 162nd (13.5).
- North Texas ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (27.6) while Southern Miss ranks 100th (33.9).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 7.7 for the season.