The Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) will be at home in Pinnacle Bank Arena when they meet the North Texas Mean Green (1-0). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 144 points with Nebraska opening as a 14.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
North Texas Mean Green vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Preview
The Mean Green dismantled the Eureka Red Devils in their last contest, 122-65. With 19 points, seven rebounds and five steals, North Texas Ryan Woolridge had a good performance. North Texas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.2 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. For those same stats, Eureka had marks of 11.4 and 28.9, respectively.
In the Cornhuskers last game, they topped the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 72-68. Isaiah Roby had a solid performance for Nebraska, recording 11 points, 13 rebounds and six blocks. Nebraska dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.404 and a turnover percentage of 13.9. Eastern Illinois put up marks of 0.190 and 18.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Nebraska in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Cornhuskers rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 percent), while North Texas ranks 239th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.7 percent).
Since last season, the Mean Green have had records of 9-22 straight up (SU) and 10-13-1 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games including North Texas have finished over the projected point total 58.3 percent of the time.
On the other hand, the Cornhuskers, are 13-19 SU and 12-17-1 ATS since last season. Just over half of Nebraskas games have finished under the O/U total over that same time frame.
North Texas Mean Green vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mean Green rank 154th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Cornhuskers rank 259th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- North Texas ranks 267th in assists per game (11.4) while Nebraska ranks 269th (11.4).
- Nebraska averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. North Texas ranks 289th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Cornhuskers rank 71st in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Mean Green rank 239th (22.6).
- Nebraska averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. North Texas ranks 209th in steals allowed per game (6.7).