The VCU Rams (1-0) will be at home in Stuart Siegel Center when they clash with the North Florida Ospreys (0-2). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
North Florida Ospreys at VCU Rams Odds Preview
The Ospreys were blown out by the Michigan Wolverines in their last matchup, 86-66. With 17 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Garrett Sams led North Florida in scoring. Michigan had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 29.5). North Florida, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (13-17; 76.5 percent).
In the Rams last game, they dismantled the Grambling State Tigers, 94-65. VCUs Justin Tillman was a key piece with 14 points and 10 rebounds. VCU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.553. Grambling State put up marks of 17.5 and 0.397, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the North Florida offense. Since the 2016-17 season, North Florida ranks 338th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of VCU has forced the 43rd-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
North Florida Ospreys vs. VCU Rams Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ospreys rank 68th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Rams rank 185th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- VCU ranks 104th in rebounds per game (36.8) while North Florida ranks 218th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- VCU ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while North Florida ranks 276th (15.4).
- The Ospreys rank 47th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Rams rank 283rd (17.7).
- VCU ranks 44th in steals per game (7.4) while North Florida ranks 270th in steals allowed per game (8.3).