The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (3-7) will be at home in Reed Green Coliseum when they take on the North Florida Ospreys (6-5). The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Golden Eagles won a close one over the Southern Illinois Salukis, 72-69, while the Ospreys were beaten by the Austin Peay Governors, 90-83.
The Golden Eagles forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.488). North Florida, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (20-22; 90.9 percent). Leonard Harper-Baker had a good outing for Southern Miss, finishing with 20 points, 11 rebounds and five steals. Meanwhile, North Florida was led by Carter Hendricksen, who recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ivan Gandia-Rosa led the Ospreys to a 66-63 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points. North Florida’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Southern Miss. The Ospreys had a rate of 0.119, while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 0.098.
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Ospreys will look to push the more methodical Golden Eagles. The Ospreys currently rank 44th in possessions per game while the Golden Eagles are 235th.
North Florida vs. Southern Miss Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Over
- North Florida ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while Southern Miss ranks 259th (16.7).
- The Golden Eagles rank 57th in steals per game (7.7) while the Ospreys rank 203rd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- North Florida ranks 45th in blocks per game (2.5) while Southern Miss ranks 165th (2.4).
- The Golden Eagles rank 40th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Ospreys rank 221st (36.0).
- Southern Miss averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. North Florida ranks 232nd in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- The Ospreys’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).