A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the 19th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (8-2) when they take on the North Florida Ospreys (7-5) at Donald L. Tucker Center. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, and can be seen on ACC Network.
North Florida Ospreys at Florida State Seminoles ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Seminoles dismantled the Clemson Tigers 72-53, while the Ospreys barely escaped the Southern Miss Golden Eagles 72-69.
The Ospreys held the Golden Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.499). The Golden Eagles had a free throw rate of 0.130 (below the 0.198 mark opponents have averaged against North Florida this season). Meanwhile, Florida State dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.510) and a turnover percentage of 18.2 (worse than their season average of 17.0). For those same stats, Clemson put up marks of 0.443 and 23.9, respectively. Devin Vassell had a good game for Florida State, contributing 14 points and nine rebounds. North Florida was led by Carter Hendricksen, who finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Seminoles won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 95-81. The Seminoles’ 6.6 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Ospreys, who had a mark of 22.5. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Florida State should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Seminoles rank 81st in offensive efficiency, while North Florida ranks 244th in defensive efficiency.
North Florida at Florida State Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- Florida State ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (8.0) while North Florida ranks 232nd (16.3).
- The Seminoles rank 20th in steals per game (9.2) while the Ospreys rank 121st (6.3).
- Florida State ranks 174th in rebounds per game (34.9) while North Florida ranks 175th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Ospreys rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Seminoles rank 171st (20.9).
- Florida State ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.9) while North Florida ranks 137th (2.7).
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (matching their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (matching their season average).
- The Ospreys’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.4 for the season.